Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Silver Wedding of my Parents!! :)



Today, my parents are celebrating their 25th Wedding Anniversary. It is a big milestone in their life and my sister & I wanted to make something special for them. We wanted to celebrate a love that has lasted a quarter of a century and that is still growing.

Since 3 weeks, we have been planning and organizing a small dinner party. We have invited our close family and friends. We hosted the dinner at Fortune Eight restaurant in Port-Louis. We did it last Saturday as it would have been hectic and hard for everyone to come on a Wednesday night (especially after work). We also wanted to have a cool dinner without having to worry about time and thinking of the next day of work ahead.

Below was our planning/schedule of the dinner party which was inspired by Smart Party Planning 
3 weeks before:           Setting a budget
                                    Decide on the time of the dinner
Making our guest list
Planning on how many table we would need to book at the restaurant
Contacting the restaurant to book for the date and set a menu
Phone each and every people we wanted to invite and confirming their presence
Ordering the cake
Ordering flowers

2 weeks before:           Working on a table plan
                                    Deciding on the decoration and buying all supplies we will need
                                    Printing the table plan and the small cards to attach to the party favors                                            Purchase of red wines to serve during the dinner
Purchase of sparkling wines for the toast

1 weeks before:           Purchasing of party favors (sugared almonds and small bags)
                                    Prepare a speech

The day before:           Charging of camera & camcorder batteries

On the day itself:        Pick up the flowers & cake

                                    Decorating the restaurant

My sister & I were quite stressed during the past weeks as it was the first time that we organized a party by ourselves. It was a great experience though.

Below are some pictures of everything we made.

Party Favors

Table Menu + Decoration (Also a picture of our dinner :P )

The Cakes + Decoration

Here's a family picture of us :))

Also here's a picture of me (just want to show my dress & my shoes - just in love with them) & of my nail art (yeah i had time doing my nails :P )

Me

My Nail Art

In addition to the dinner that my sister & I organized, we offered another special gift to our parents. A 2 nights stay at Veranda Pointe aux Biches for the weekend. What a nice way to end this special week by a relax weekend at a hotel near the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment